background

Friday, March 11, 2011

Kidney Stones..

Alright so my last post said something about a UTI.. Well come to find out it was no where near a UTI.!


Let's start from the beginning. 
A few Thursdays ago I went in to see my doctor, because I thought that I was in the middle of a UTI and I just wanted to get it to go away! For some of you that don't know what a UTI feels like....You constantly have the sensation of feeling like you have to go to the bathroom really bad. So the doctor put me on some medication that should have made it go away.


So for a little while it was working, the pain was gradually going away. Until the next Thursday hit!. I was at work and I started to have the feeling of needing to pee my pants like every ten seconds! But when I would go to the bathroom nothing would come out! So I thought that the medicine hadn't kicked in or something..  I thought I would just let it go for a little while, until my left side started to have a stabbing pain in it...For about 2 hours I held it together thinking that it was just going to go away, but when it didn't I just left work and went to the emergency room! As soon as I got there they hooked me up to an IV, and started to analyze what was going on with me. I got about 3 doses of Morphine because the pain was just too much to bare!!(Good stuff by the way :) ) After all the morphine my oxygen level sorta dropped so I had to have oxygen hooked up in my nose. It was way uncomfortable. 


The doctor came in and told me that they had found traces of blood in my pee and that that is a sure sign of kidney stones. Let me just say, coming from a person that JUST had a baby, kidney stones are WAY worse!!! I would have a baby 12 times over than have another kidney stone! So after my oxygen and things stared to come back, the nurse unhooked me from all the monitors and told me I was good to go..The doctor gave me some prescriptions for some yummy drugs and another prescription for an anti-nausea pill. Which both worked wonders on me! :)

Over all lets just say....KIDNEY STONES SUCK!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Poor Amy... I'm so sorry! That seriously sucks! Have you "passed" them yet??

    Hopefully you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously hurt my heart to hear that... a baby over kidney stones. oh my gosh... can't relate to either! :D I hope your feeling better though!

    ReplyDelete